September 11, 2008

Cross Country meet!

As I said this morning, today was my first Cross Country meet. It was our first meet at home for middle school! It was very hilly so we had the advantage of practicing on the hills! Overall I didn't do too bad. I of coarse wish i did better but did better than I did my first meet last year! Plus we have only had 9 practices so far. One funny (wasn't funny at the time) that happened or I learned was that I need to go to the bathroom before running even if I don't need to go. Lets just leave it at that. I think you know what happens next! Now I am showered, smell better and ready to go to bed!

1 AwEsOmE cOmMeNtS!!:

Meg in Tally said...

Hang in there...it WILL get easier!

The year my Bex ran, she got a new pair of shoes and didn't break them in like her sweet mom suggested. It was a 5K and after about 1 mile she took her shoes off and ran barefoot until she got close to the finish. Then she sat down and put her shoes back on. Needless to say, she didn't win her age group that day...

The moral of this story? LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!! LOL!!!

(You can tell, I'm catching up on my blog reading today...working AND keeping up is tough!)