May 24, 2008

Thank You, Lauren

This has been an emotional week for me and many others. The Chapman family have suffered a huge loss. I am sure all of you have heard about the loss of their youngest daughter, Maria. Around 5pm on Wednesday the family was getting ready to celebrate the engagement of their oldest daughter, Emily. One of the boys pulled in the driveway and did not see precious Maria and she got this. All of the family saw this tragic accident. I was really hit with this accident. I would have never known when I got into blogging that when you read others blog and something tragic happens to them that you feel grief like you have met that person. You have something inside of you that is apart of it. I think that is what hit me the most. And how much life is going to change for them.

I had a friend that really helped me though all of this. She is always someone I can go to if I need someone to cry on her shoulder. Keenexes were always on hand! She knows how to make me smile. This week it was with mentos! I was in tears on the way to school. Makeup all over my face and she had mentos sitting right next to her. She reached over and said, " Do you want a mento." I like mentos but it's not like I love them. So she carried them with her all day and whenever she thought I was having a hard time she would say, "Need a mento?" She would always get a smile out of me.

"Thank you Lauren of being there for me and making me laugh. You are a great friend and I will aways be there for you too!"
Joan

4 AwEsOmE cOmMeNtS!!:

Anonymous said...

What a horrible story!She had a wonderful family, though.

Joan said...

Yes she did!

Anonymous said...

She was really cute.

Anonymous said...

She is NICE!!