February 16, 2011

Worship

What does it mean to worship? Lately that has been the question that has been asked to us that are on the worship team at church. The first thing that usually pops into mind is probably singing, or playing an instrument. There is so much more to worship than that. We have talked a lot about how we are not worthy enough to be even able to approach God. I am NOT perfect! I don't deserve to be loved and to worship our Lord. But he lets us!! Then there are the day that I feel like my worship is not authentic. But God doesn't need a perfect Joan. If I was perfect, why would I need a God? A friend was talking about this the other day and he goes "Sometimes I role like a square, some days are like a triangle, or an oval. But some days I role like a circle." A few weeks ago I was leading worship with a few other people and we went off and prayed and we talked about one of the songs we were singing, I will follow. The lyrics are "Where you go I go, Where you stay I stay, Where you move I move. I will follow you." We started talking about how powerful those words were that we were singing and how important it is to mean it when you sing it. Do I really mean what I sing what what we were asking ourselves. Our leader started talking to us about it because she could see how much we work trying to grasp this because we were also saying how there are the days you really don't feel like worshiping. She started talking about how that was a feeling, that we really did mean the words we were singing. Another thing I am learning about worship it is not all about music. You can worship with anything. God has given me the talent and passion for kids. I get to worship when I babysit... Snuggling with a child is worship!!!!! So my question for you is how are you worshipping God in your everyday life.

1 AwEsOmE cOmMeNtS!!:

Anonymous said...

I have also been thinking about this a lot lately. Worship is so much more than just singing or playing an instrument. It's about where your heart is - and our striving to be like Christ.