December 6, 2010

I haven't posted in a long time.... mainly because I have been really busy. Yet I feel like I have nothing to write about. (And I even watched Julie and Julia last night and still don't have any inspiration!!)

For my advanced oral and written communications class we have to do a service project. Me and 2 other guys decided to go to a local elementary school and help out for 30 minutes on Tuesday. It has been a lot of fun! I have been in one of my family's best friend's kindergarten classroom! What a hoot they are!! I mainly have been helping a girl try and focus (Which seems to be impossible!!)

While I do that in the morning, I go back in the afternoon to mentor a 4th grade girl. What I didn't know what that she goes to my church. She definitely needs a good role model. I go for about 40 minutes and just spend time with her. We usually play scrabble which neither of us really know how to play. I connect with people really well of the most part. But to be honest I have been having a hard time. There has been so much junk her life. I have been too busy getting caught up in what I am going to get out of this and not looking at the spiritual guidance she needs. I need to show her God's unconditional love through my actions. I pray that God will open doors. He already has... that God will use me to show her how awesome he is!

1 AwEsOmE cOmMeNtS!!:

Anonymous said...

Well I'll be praying for you, Joan! ~Jessie P.